WHAT IS SKIFT TECH FORUM?
A laser focused one day forum focused on key trends and disruptions that impact revenue and drive the ecommerce and technology strategies that power retailing, distribution, and merchandising decisions in travel.
Skift Tech Forum will explore these tech disruptions happening in retailing, distribution, and merchandising and of travel, with customer centricity as the connecting thread running across all the topics.
You will hear from the chief commercial officers and digital and ecommerce heads of travel’s biggest consumer brands, the CEOs of industry giants like Sabre and Travelport and the entrepreneurs and investors vying for opportunities to disrupt incumbents in a fast paced series of conversations with Skift editors and you our audience.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
Position you and your teams to address dynamic revenue and ecommerce marketplace by gaining perspective on the huge disruptions RMD has seen over the past two decades of online travel and technology. You will get prepared for the next phase of a mobile-first world that will marry the larger tech disruptions with the complexities of the global travel sector.
ORIGINAL RESEARCH AND INSIGHTS
The impetus for the Tech Forum comes out of Skift Research, which has been exploring these deeper tech subjects in its subscription reports and across the larger Skift Research canvas. The Forum will interweave original Skift Research work and industry surveys into its discussions throughout the day.
WHO WILL YOU MEET?
- CMOs and tech decision makers at large travel brands, especially hospitality and online travel
- CTOs and CIOs at larger travel brands, many of whom now work directly with CMOs and top management
- Chief Digital Officers (CDOs) at larger travel brands, including hotels and airlines who are in charge of digital transformation of businesses
- Travel Tech startups
- Hospitality investor crowd who are looking for new tech
- VCs, investors and buyers of travel tech disruptors
- Larger consumer and enterprise tech companies such as Google, Facebook, IBM, Oracle etc
- Distribution tech companies like Amadeus/Sabre
TOPICS WILL INCLUDE:
Insights into Revenue, Ecommerce and Marketing Stacks in 2018
- Build vs buy decisions on tech
- Playing catch-up to retailers
- The state of data analytics and personalization in travel retailing ecosystem
- Future of loyalty and loyalty tech
- How seismic changes in ad tech are rippling through travel tech
- Alternative accommodation RMD ecosystem
- Tours & Activities RMD ecosystem
- Travel agents & TMC RMD ecosystem
- Airlines RMD ecosystem
Emerging Technologies and Investments
- Investment & M&A strategies for startups in RMD world
- Understanding AI & Blockchain and implications for RMD in travel
- Messaging, voice search & assistants in the travel sector and the opportunity in R/M/D of travel.
- The state of Payments tech in travel in 2018, from B2B fintech to the rise of mobile-first consumer tools
- Mobile booking & marketing landscape
- Distribution wars and the tech stack for it (hotels and airlines)
- The state of distribution companies in travel
Insights into Key Marketplace Disruptors
- Disintermediating Priceline & Expedia
- Building RMD tech in a Google & Facebook world