Skift Global Forum 2019: Defining (and Sustaining) the Future of Travel
WHAT IS SKIFT GLOBAL FORUM?
Skift Global Forum is Skift’s largest and most diverse event. Held on the main stage at Jazz at Lincoln Center’s Frederick P. Rose Hall in New York City, this two-day event attracts more than 1,200 attendees from over 40 countries.
The annual Global Forum has become travel’s premier event and the place where top marketers, strategists, and technologists—the people creating and defining the future of travel—come together to think, learn, and adjust their perspectives to address the industry’s biggest challenges.
Skift carefully curates topics and speakers in order to inspire our fellow travel professionals about the business and creative potential of travel, the world’s largest industry.
The single-stage event is focused, fast-paced, intimate, and thought provoking. Each day features TED-style talks and deep dive Q&As with travel’s most insightful business leaders and creative thinkers.
Skift’s journalists ask tough questions that go way beyond the obvious, draw on original insights from Skift Research, and push the boundaries of strategy and creative imagination.
The speakers on stage, the themes we discuss, and the questions we focus on all speak to our quest to understand the state of innovation in the travel sector and larger innovations in the world that affect travel. The big picture of the world, with travel as a filter to look at it.
TOPICS IN 2019 WILL INCLUDE
- Travel’s Green New Deal: What are the priorities? How much must be invested to meaningfully address global sustainability issues
- Hospitality’s Next Move: Strategies for addressing experience, differentiation, and scale in an increasingly competitive and consolidated market
- The Transparency Conundrum: Online booking diversification, packaging and brand partnerships
- The Future of Mobility: From aviation to ride sharing, strategies, markets, and technologies that are redefining mobility and transforming customer experience
- Innovations and Challenges from Asia: What do the fastest growing markets tell us about where travel is headed? How are destinations preparing for the demands of outbound travelers?
- Raising the Stakes on Experiences: More and more travelers are focused on bringing home memories and instagram moments rather than souvenirs. Skift examines the experience landscape from luxury and wellness retreats to curated events, and more.
WHO YOU WILL MEET
- Decision makers and strategists at global travel brands, especially hospitality, aviation and online travel
- Hospitality executives exploring the landscape of service and technology partnerships that can improve their business performance
- Tourism and destination professionals looking to understand their markets and customers and learn best practices from travel’s most innovative leaders
- Marketers and creative executives looking to understand the consumer and develop more engaging campaigns
- Travel advisors and tour operators seeking new ways to surprise and delight their customers
- Investors and business development executives looking to examine the market and assess partner opportunities for expansion
- Entrepreneurs seeking to connect with decision makers to help shape their ideas and partner with their startups
- Consumer and enterprise tech companies providing platforms and solutions that support the industry
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Skift Forums offer attendees a unique mix of mind-expanding inspiration, actionable insights and superior networking opportunities that open the mind and connect the world.
Global Forum sets the agenda for themes and trends that will guide Skift’s coverage and research for the coming year.